Blockchain and Cryptocurrency - Learn by playing a game! (Part 1)
Welcome to Blockchain Battle, a unique experience that takes you deep into the fascinating world of blockchain and cryptocurrency, built around a video game.
Many people believe that the blockchain is a breakthrough technology that could revolutionize economic exchanges, international finance, logistics, and even the art and entertainment industries.
But blockchain is a difficult concept to wrap your head around, because of how abstract it all sounds. Despite the large number of articles and videos on the subject, cryptocurrency remains a mystery for most of us. In order to get a grasp of how it works, you need to dive in head first and manipulate it. That’s why games are the ideal tool for this task!
At Play Curious, we created this innovative online class that mixes a narrative video game with high-quality instructive videos. Playing the game lets you experiment with a simulation of a real blockchain, as you solve puzzles and communicate with fellow hackers. Watching the videos, on the other hand, gives you a deeper understanding of the history and ramifications of the material, as well as touching on fun anecdotes to satisfy your curiosity.
In this class, you’ll discover key computing concepts such as hash functions and cryptographic keys, but also the history of money, the Byzantine General's Problem, and the challenges of building distributed systems.
So, are you ready to try the Blockchain Battle experience?
Come on, let’s play!
Meet your instructors:
- Jesse HimmelsteinI have a background in research, engineering, and teaching. Until mid-2010, I was an R&D engineer at Kineo CAM, a start-up company specialized in motion planning. I did a joint PhD at Kineo and with Jean-Paul Laumond at the Gepetto group at the LAAS-CNRS. My work addressed problems surrounding motion planning for industrial models, including swept volumes, collision detection, and planning in collision. From 2010-2012, I was a project lead at DIGINEXT, where I coordinated European and developed research projects on virtual reality, such as CHESS, INDIGO, and V-City. From 2012-2017, I founded and directed the CRI GameLab in Paris, creating open source games and tools, such as RedWire and RedMetrics. I lead EU research projects (IncLudo, Citizen Cyberlab) and organized events for the Gamelier club that I co-founded. In 2018, I co-founded Play Curious, as a way to create games to explore and understand the world around us. I have taught game design at ETPA in Toulouse and the University de Montpellier, and computer science at ENSEEIHT in Toulouse and IMERIR in Perpignan. I integrate a game- and project-based approach as much as possible in order to keep students active and open to the material.
BitDegree is an innovational online IT education platform based on Blockchain. It offers free and paid courses on diverse subjects and even pays with its own cryptocurrency to the most successful students.
- Crypto Investing MasterclassInstructor:Daksh Murkute
- Masterclass covering Cryptocurrency Token and Tokensale Creation + MarketingInstructor:Top Things To Know
- Investing in Bitcoin Made Easy: Learn How to Get Savings & DiscountsInstructor:Alex Genadinik
On our portal for searching online courses, you are able to buy a course Blockchain and Cryptocurrency - Learn by playing a game! (Part 1) for a fee: free or subscription-based. This specific course refers to category Cryptocurrency from a provider BitDegree, and fits for the difficulty level: Beginner. Experienced teacher without any problem will help you in executing new career peaks. You can read reviews of other users about this online course or share your review to help other students make a decision!
How to get new skills with Skillcombo?
Explore courses that align with your interests, dive into detailed descriptions, and browse through reviews to confidently choose your next learning path. Easily use our filters for level, duration, language, and price to find the right option for your goals.
- 15+ popular course providers
- 60000+ online courses in catalog
- 1000+ IT subjects